Who We Are
The Building Industry Association of Southern California formed a Remodelers & Custom Builders Council with two primary functions:
- To provide educational programs to help improve the professionalism among the Remodeling contractors in the industry.
- To provide information to the general public on how to select a Remodeling contractor.
Membership is open to those remodelers and associates who meet certain standards of financial responsibility, technical competence and had a record of fair dealings with the public.
Today, the Council is affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders and its National Remodelers Council and the BIASC, and represents and promotes the Remodeling industry in order to benefit and service its members and the community.
Members are encouraged to earn professional designations, such as Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) and the Certified Green Builder (CGB) through a professional curriculum of classes and study.
BIASC Remodelers & Custom Builders Council President
The Remodelers & Custom Builders Council pledges:
- To serve as collective voice of the Remodeling Industry and be a participant in the legislative and regulatory process.
- To provide continuing education and information to increase member and public knowledge of Remodeling issues and members’ products and services.
- To enhance members’ ethical and professional standards and promote the positive image of our industry.
- To improve the value and quality of the homes of all the people we serve.
By these actions, we create a positive business environment that will contribute to responsible growth while being sensitive to environmental issues, enhance the quality of life and maintain a strong economic future for the community we serve.